News That Matters

Tag: denies

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter denies rape claim

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter denies rape claim

Entertainment
Backstreet Boy Nick Carter has said he is "shocked and saddened" to be accused of rape by an ex-member of a girl band.In a blog post published earlier this month, Melissa Schuman claimed Carter forced her into a sex act against her will and raped her when she was 18."He was relentless, refusing to take my nos for an answer," she alleged.In a statement, Carter said Ms Schuman had "never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual"."It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm," he went on.The accusations are the latest in a slew of claims to be made against leading figures in the film, music and broadcasting industries.In a lengthy post, Melissa Schuman says she was invited to...
Sylvester Stallone accused of sexual assault by girl, 16 – he denies claims

Sylvester Stallone accused of sexual assault by girl, 16 – he denies claims

Entertainment
GETTY IMAGESALLEGATIONS: Stallone has been accused of forcing a 16-year-old girl into a threesomeThe Rocky Balboa actor branded claims that he frightened a teenage girl into a threesome in a Las Vegas hotel.It has been alleged Stallone, 71, threatened to beat the girl is she revealed details of the tryst.However, he had called the claims "ridiculous" and "categorically false", according to Daily News.The unidentified accuser was just 16 at the time of the claimed attack in July 1986.GETTY IMAGESDENIAL: The Rocky actor has branded the allegations 'ridiculous' “No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr Stallone” Michelle Bega, Sylvester Stallone representativeThey are said to have filed a report with Las Vegas police after the alleged
Dreyfuss denies exposing himself to woman

Dreyfuss denies exposing himself to woman

Entertainment
Actor Richard Dreyfuss has denied exposing himself to a woman writer in the 1980s, but admitted that some of his past behaviour "revolts" him.His agent Barry McPherson provided a statement to Vulture.com in which the actor said he never exposed himself to Jessica Teich but acknowledged other encounters which he now says were inappropriate.Teich, a writer for a TV comedy on which Dreyfuss worked in 1987, told Vulture the actor made continual, overt and lewd comments and invitations after they met at a theatre where she worked.Image:Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters Of The Third KindTeich said she was working for Dreyfuss writing the script for an ABC show when was summoned to his trailer on the set of one of his films and he exposed his genitals to her.Dreyfuss, 70, said he thought the e...
Piven denies 'appalling' harassment allegations

Piven denies 'appalling' harassment allegations

Entertainment
Mr Selfridge star Jeremy Piven has denied twice groping an actress, calling the allegations "appalling".In a statement, Piven 52, said: "I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me."It did not happen. It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn't happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard."Ariane Bellamar, who appeared in Suicide Squad and The Hangover Part III, claimed the harassment happened on the set of the hit show Entourage and at the Playboy mansion.Hey @jeremypiven! ‘Member when you cornered me in your trailer on the #Entourage set? ‘Member grabbing my boobies on the 🛋 without asking??— Ariane Bellamar (@ArianeBellamar) October 30, 2017She tweeted on
Paris climate deal: US denies it will stay in accord

Paris climate deal: US denies it will stay in accord

Science
The US has insisted it will leave the Paris climate accord, despite reports that it may be softening its stance.Following a meeting of environment ministers on Saturday, the EU climate commissioner, Miguel Arias Canete, said Trump officials had indicated the US would either stay in the 2015 accord or review its terms.But the White House insisted there had been "no change" in the US position.In June President Donald Trump said the US would withdraw from the deal.He said it was part of his "solemn duty to protect America" and he would seek a new deal that would not disadvantage US businesses.But opponents say withdrawing from the accord is an abdication of US leadership on a key global challenge.The Paris agreement commits the US and 187 other countries to keeping rising global temperatures ...