News That Matters

Tag: exit

Aussies seek exit from £340m Homebase

Aussies seek exit from £340m Homebase

Business
The Australian owner of Homebase has begun approaching potential buyers of the DIY chain just two years after completing a disastrous £340m takeover.Sky News ‎has learnt that Wesfarmers is working with investment bankers at Lazard to review options for the future of Homebase, with the most likely outcome an outright sale of the business.Lazard has contacted a range of potential new owners in the last couple of weeks, banking sources said this weekend.Homebase employed nearly 12,000 people in Britain across an estate of almost 250 stores at the end of last year.The move to unwind Wesfarmers takeover of the UK's second-biggest DIY chain comes less than three months before the Sydney-listed company is due to update investors on the results of its strategic review.The approaches to prospective
Dixons Carphone chief in shock exit to Boots

Dixons Carphone chief in shock exit to Boots

Business
The chief executive of Britain's biggest specialist electrical goods and mobile phone retailer is quitting days before it updates the City on its Christmas trading performance.Sky News can reveal that Sebastian James, who has run Dixons Carphone since the company was created in 2014, is to leave to run Boots, the high street chemist.Mr James's resignation will rock Dixons Carphone, which is scheduled to publish sales figures for the festive period on Tuesday.His exit is likely to be particularly poorly received because it will come just a fortnight after Humphrey Singer, his finance director, quit to take the same role at Marks & Spencer.Their dual departures will pose a major headache for Lord Livingston, Dixons Carphone's chairman, following a sharp fall in half-year profits announce...
‘He wants to stay here’ – Atletico Madrid president plays down Antoine Griezmann exit reports

‘He wants to stay here’ – Atletico Madrid president plays down Antoine Griezmann exit reports

Sports
Antoine GriezmannThursday, November 16, 2017Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has played down reports of an imminent exit for Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann.As talkSPORT told you this week, reports in Spain have claimed that Barcelona have agreed a 'deal in principle' to sign the Frenchman for £90m at the end of the season.This had come as a huge blow for United who came close to signing Griezmann in the summer and have not yet given up hope of luring him to Old Trafford.However Cerezo insists the 26-year-old forward is happy at Atletico and has no intention of walking out."He wants to stay here," Cerezo told Europa Press."That is what he is saying and nowhere has he said he wants to leave us, in fact he has said the opposite."He has a contract with Atletico."Let's block