Billionaire Tesla boss Elon Musk has said he will move the electric carmaker's headquarters out of California, after he was ordered to keep its only US vehicle plant closed."Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately," the CEO tweeted.The company is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County, he added.The county's health department had refused to let the Tesla factory reopen on Friday, citing lockdown measures. According to figures from John's Hopkins University, 2,632 people in California have died with coronavirus.Since 23 March, all but "basic operations" have been suspended at Tesla's Fremont plant, near San Francisco, because of "shelter in place" orders enacted ...
Tesla boss Elon Musk wiped $ 14bn (£11bn) off the carmaker's value after tweeting its share price was too high.It also knocked $ 3bn off Mr Musk's own stake in Tesla as investors promptly bailed out of the company."Tesla stock price too high imo," he said, one of several tweets that included a vow to sell his possessions.In other tweets, he said his girlfriend was mad at him, while another simply read: "Rage, rage against the dying of the light of consciousness."In 2018, a tweet about Tesla's future on the New York stock market led to regulators fining the company $ 20m and Mr Musk agreeing to have all further posts on the platform pre-screened by lawyers.'Headache'On Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported it had asked the billionaire if he was joking a
NASA has given SpaceX and Blue Origin the nod to develop its new lunar landers which will take the first woman and the next man to the surface of the moon.The private spaceflight companies, owned by Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, will develop competing systems in parallel, alongside a third company called Dynetics, but NASA will eventually choose one. NASA has awarded the three companies 10-month contracts that are worth a combined $ 967m (£770m), with payments subject to the companies reaching specific development milestones. Image: NASA's new Artemis mission will return the space agency to the moon The contracts are to design and build the human landing systems for NASA's return to the moon by 2024, including the launch and landing vehic
A Los Angeles jury has found Elon Musk did not defame a British cave explorer when he called him “pedo guy” in an angry tweetBy BRIAN MELLEY Associated PressDecember 7, 2019, 3:02 AM5 min read Elon Musk defeated defamation allegations Friday from a British cave explorer who claimed he was branded a pedophile when the Tesla CEO called him “pedo guy” in an angry tweet. Vernon Unsworth, who participated in the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach trapped for weeks in a Thailand cave last year, had sought $ 190 million in damages for the shame and humiliation caused by the man his lawyer called a “billionaire bully." It took less than an hour for an eight-person jury in Los Angeles federal court to reject Unsworth's claim after a four-day trial. Musk said the verdict restored his faith i
Tesla boss Elon Musk is due to take the stand in a Los Angeles court and face the British diving specialist he accused of being a paedophile.Vern Unsworth was among the team credited with co-ordinating the July 2018 rescue of 12 boys trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand. Mr Musk, in a now-deleted tweet, described Mr Unsworth as a “pedo guy”. The entrepreneur gave no evidence to support the comment. He is being sued for defamation. Lawyers representing Mr Unsworth have described Mr Musk’s tweets as “vile and false”. The British diver is seeking punitive and compensatory damages.Email to reporterThe outburst last year appeared to be in response to comments made by Mr Unsworth in an interview on CNN, in which he criticised Mr Musk’