Sunday, November 27News That Matters
Shadow

Tag: requests

Rising number of celebrities selling video messages during pandemic – with some bizarre requests

Rising number of celebrities selling video messages during pandemic – with some bizarre requests

Technology
Ever wanted some words of support from your football hero? How about help with a marriage proposal from a famous musician?The coronavirus pandemic has hit the entertainment industry hard - and it's seen a growing number of celebrities selling personalised video messages online. Websites such as Cameo and Memmo give members of the public the chance to ask stars to record a shout-out for their friends or relatives, with prices ranging from around £15 to several hundred pounds.Nigel Farage is one of the latest names to sign up to Cameo - a site which has attracted big stars in the US - with a video from the former Brexit Party leader setting you back £75.Simon Webbe, who found fame with the boyband Blue, says he charges around £50 for a personalised video on Memmo and he received about 100 re...
Finance Ministry writes to Sebi, ‘requests’ agency to withdraw perpetual bond rule

Finance Ministry writes to Sebi, ‘requests’ agency to withdraw perpetual bond rule

Finance
The finance ministry "requested" the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) Friday to withdraw the part of its Wednesday circular that changed the rules followed by mutual funds to value perpetual bonds. The capital market regulator hadn't responded to the suggestion at press time, but is expected to review the rules before they take effect on April 1, said people with knowledge of the matter. The move by the ministry was a rare instance of such a government intervention being made public, experts said. The ministry's objection is to the rule that requires debt mutual funds to value perpetual bonds as a 100-year instrument from April 1. Fund managers too had raised concerns over this. "Considering the capital needs of banks going forward and the need to source the same from the capi...
U.S. Army requests design proposals to replace M-2 Bradley tank

U.S. Army requests design proposals to replace M-2 Bradley tank

Business
July 17 (UPI) -- The U.S. Army announced a request for proposals on Friday for preliminary designs of the tank meant to replace the long-serving M-2 Bradley tank. Digital designs from up to five contractors will be chosen to compete in a preliminary design review of the vehicle, currently referred to as the Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle. The request is the first phase of a five-phase process to choose a new design. Advertisement "We are looking forward to receiving feedback and learning from industry what's in the realm of the possible as we continue to develop this truly transformational vehicle for our soldiers," Maj. Gen. Brian Cummings, program executive officer for Ground Combat Systems, said in a statement. The competition has been delayed several times but now is said to be on...
Navy requests proposals for Large Unmanned Surface Vehicle

Navy requests proposals for Large Unmanned Surface Vehicle

Business
Aug. 15 (UPI) -- The U.S. Navy continues to build up its unmanned vehicle programs, issuing a request for proposals for the corvette-sized Large Unmanned Surface Vehicle. The Naval Sea Systems Command on Wednesday issued the RFP, with plans to award multiple conceptual designs for the LUSV, one of three new types of unmanned vehicle the branch is looking to develop. The RFP, first reported by USNI News, starts a move from the two-hull Ghost Fleet into an actual ship-building program. Interest in the program is strong, as an industry day earlier this year attracted about 80 companies that are considering jumping into the program. NSSC said in the request that the LUSV will be a high-endurance, reconfigurable ship to augment the Navy's surface force, and take on a variety of warfare operat...
Japan requests proof of Iran involvement in tanker attack

Japan requests proof of Iran involvement in tanker attack

World
June 16 (UPI) -- Japan is asking for more evidence from the United States Iran was responsible for attacks against two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, including the Kokuka Courageous, a Japanese ship. The request for proof comes after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tehran is responsible for the attacks that forced the crew of the ships to be rescued and their cargoes unloaded. The statements from Pompeo are "not convincing," a Japanese government source said Sunday, according to Kyodo News. Last week Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe tried to mediate U.S.-Iran relations during a summit with supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The attacks took place while Abe and the Japanese delegation were still in Iran. Following Pompeo's assessment of the attacks, Japan, through multip...