Liverpool reignited their title defence by ending a five-match winless run in the Premier League with a dominant win at Tottenham.
Roberto Firmino tapped the Reds ahead on the stroke of half-time when Hugo Lloris and Eric Dier hesitated in dealing with Sadio Mane’s low cross.
Trent Alexander-Arnold drilled in the second before Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’s stunner gave Spurs a glimmer of hope.
But Mane lashed the ball home to seal the win and move Liverpool into fourth.
Spurs, who stay sixth after trailing Liverpool by a point going into the game, saw their miserable evening compounded by striker Harry Kane suffering an ankle injury.
The England captain, who has a history of ankle problems, was withdrawn at half-time as a result of the problem.
How to play
Rate players out of 10 throughout or after the game. The rater will close 30 minutes after the final whistle.
Rating range key = Give it up = Pure perfection
More to follow.
- 24AurierSubstituted forWinksat 45′minutes
- 23BergwijnBooked at 30minsSubstituted forBaleat 81′minutes
- 10KaneSubstituted forLamelaat 45′minutes
- 7Son Heung-Min
- 6D Sánchez
- 27Lucas Moura
- 45Alves Morais
- 32MatipSubstituted forPhillipsat 45′minutesBooked at 50mins
- 6Thiago AlcántaraBooked at 24minsSubstituted forJonesat 78′minutes
- 9FirminoSubstituted forOrigiat 87′minutes
- 46R Williams
- Martin Atkinson
Match ends, Tottenham Hotspur 1, Liverpool 3.